Armoured FRLS Power Cable
Armouring cable is designed to provide the cable with some mechanical
protection to maintain its structural integrity, which means the cable can
withstand higher stresses, is suitable for direct burial, and can be used in
external underground and underwater projects. Most armouring is made from
steel and can be in either wire (commonly referred to as SWA) or tape form.
The steel wire armoured cable is power and auxiliary control cable, designed
for use in mains supply electricity. The armour is used to reduce any risk of the
cable getting pinched or damaged; the steel is used to protect the armoured
* Steel wire armoured (SWA), Steel tape armoured (STA), Aluminium wire armoured (AWA), Low Voltage armoured and Medium
Voltage armoured cables are available.
* Used for underground systems, cable networks, power networks, outdoor and indoor applications, and cable ducting.
* Conductor: plain stranded copper or aluminium
* Insulation: materials such as cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) provide high temperature resistance and excellent dielectric
strength-providing enhanced electrical properties.
* Armour: a steel or aluminium armour provides mechanical protection.
* Voltage: voltage ratings of 600/1000V, 6.35/11kV.
* Overall Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSOH) sheath.
EMACO GLOBAL LLC
5761 Schaefer Ave.,
Chino, CA 91710, USA.